[clue-talk] How do CLUEbies vote?

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Mon Oct 1 19:08:03 MDT 2007

On 09-30 20:49, Kevin Cullis wrote:
> I'm more inclined to understand and believe this:
>
> "Charting the End Times: A Visual Guide to Understanding Bible
> Prophecy" (Tim LaHaye Prophecy Library)
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Charting-End-Times-Understanding-Prophecy/dp/
> 0736901388/ref=sr_1_1/105-3124358-5185266?
> ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1191205435&sr=8-1
>
> Once you read this through and through you'll see why others had
> difficulty with the book of Revelation in centuries past.

Thanks for the link. Sorry, I know you meant well, but I think I'd find
LaHaye's stuff straining credibility, though. He co-wrote Left Behind, *and*
apparently believes this:

"In his book Rapture Under Attack (1998), LaHaye stated that he is
"sympathetic to conspiracy theories," and in particular, he believes that
the Illuminati is a secret society of liberals that seeks to undermine "true
Christianity" through the media and government."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_LaHaye#Controversy_and_criticism

If that's not enough to set off the "crank" alarm bells...

He also got a degree from Bob Jones University AND Liberty University -
yikes. He helped to "establish the Institute for Creationist Research". And
founded CNP. And gave money to Falwell's library...

As I said, I'll probably get around to reading some of the Bible Geek's
stuff, but I'm sure it's very, very dense stuff. I'd like to see/hear a
LaHaye/Price (aka Bible Geek) debate, if well moderated, but I doubt I could
really bring myself to read LaHaye, as I have a hard time believing he could
be intellectually honest.

Even a few people that are going from the assumption that the Bible is
absolutely true gave it one star on Amazon.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com/
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.
-Derek Bok, president of Harvard