[clue-talk] How do CLUEbies vote?

Kevin Cullis kevincu at viawest.net
Tue Oct 2 00:03:08 MDT 2007

On Oct 1, 2007, at 7:08 PM, Sean LeBlanc wrote:

> On 09-30 20:49, Kevin Cullis wrote:
>> I'm more inclined to understand and believe this:
>>
>> "Charting the End Times: A Visual Guide to Understanding Bible
>> Prophecy" (Tim LaHaye Prophecy Library)
>>
>> http://www.amazon.com/Charting-End-Times-Understanding-Prophecy/dp/
>> 0736901388/ref=sr_1_1/105-3124358-5185266?
>> ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1191205435&sr=8-1
>>
>> Once you read this through and through you'll see why others had
>> difficulty with the book of Revelation in centuries past.
>
> Thanks for the link. Sorry, I know you meant well, but I think I'd
> find
> LaHaye's stuff straining credibility, though. He co-wrote Left
> Behind, *and*
> apparently believes this:
>
> "In his book Rapture Under Attack (1998), LaHaye stated that he is
> "sympathetic to conspiracy theories," and in particular, he
> believes that
> the Illuminati is a secret society of liberals that seeks to
> undermine "true
> Christianity" through the media and government."

There are always problems with everyone, at least in my book, just
like you'd fine problems with my thoughts and comments, but it's not
a big deal in my mind. Are there conspiracy theories, yes, are they
all over the place, probably not, are there some now, probably. Eh.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_LaHaye#Controversy_and_criticism
>
> If that's not enough to set off the "crank" alarm bells...

I don't throw out the baby with the bath water, I used to do that
years ago for even the littlest mistake, but now I take apart each
part and search for it's own truthfulness. Think of it as a baseball
approach: a good hitter hits above .300, and that's 1/3 of all at
bats. And truth be told, not many are at the 100% correct in
everything they say and do.

> Even a few people that are going from the assumption that the Bible is
> absolutely true gave it one star on Amazon.

And if you take the story of Noah to be true, only eight people out
of the whole world, at that time, were correct in their thinking
compared with the rest, i.e. "God is not going to destroy the world?"
or "There is no God, so this is baloney!!"

You will find that most Christians do NOT believe LaHaye's
perspective. It's called Dispensationalism and you can see it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dispensationalism

Just  like the literal interpretation of the Bible is not as main
stream, but then again, I don't worry about being main stream anyways.

Have people in the past incorrectly set a date and it has passed and
nothing has happened? Absolutely!!! Ever since the book of Revelation
was "published" they've been saying that and it will keep on going
and get  worse. From my perspective, too many things are lining up
and I agree with most of LaHaye's thoughts: the end is even closer.
The convergence of technology, national issues around the world,
hurricanes force and number are increasing, etc. Reminds me of
Matthew 24:1-51.

 From my viewpoint, I'm interested in Tribulation Technology, my
term, of how technology will be used in the Tribulation period of
seven years and how a one world government will use it. Think RFID,
gift cards, national IDs, Top500.org, FEMA, etc.

Kevin