[clue-talk] Re: Bible Academia

Kevin Cullis kevincu at viawest.net
Tue Oct 2 00:15:24 MDT 2007

David,

Now I get to take you on ;-)

On Oct 1, 2007, at 9:14 PM, David L. Willson wrote:

> Jesus preaches forgiveness.  Forgiveness is good.  Punishment is also
> good.  Without punishment, few people learn.  Even my infinitely sweet
> children do not learn without an occasional barking at.  Punishment
> ~and~ forgiveness, now that's a powerful combo.  BTW, do you have a
> reference for the recommendation to stone adulteresses?  I'd like to
> read it for context.  I'm sure it's there, I just wonder how much
> of the
> driving on that code was God and how much was Man.

The interesting question is: Was Jesus Liberal of Conservative? Love
or Judgement? He was both, depending on the person he was talking or
dealing with.

See Leviticus 20:10 and I quote: If {there is} a man who commits
adultery with another man's wife, one who commits adultery with his
friend's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress (my emphasis added)
shall surely be put to death."

When you read John 8:1-11, you see the Jews ONLY bringing the woman,
where's the man here? It takes two to tango, unless it is rape.

Kevin