[clue-talk] Documentaries of interest?

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Thu Oct 4 18:33:57 MDT 2007

Anybody have any good documentaries they've really liked?

I've been on a real tear of watching documentaries the past few years. I
started watching one recently that's called The Century of the Self. I'm
only partway through the first Part (1 of 4) and I can already tell it's
going to be interesting. I've read a bio of Bernays, but something about the
documentary puts it in a different light. You can find the first part of the
Century of the Self here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8953172273825999151&q=century+of+the+self&total=937&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

The idea of how people are influenced into what to think, buy, vote for, and
generally live their whole lives is terribly interesing to me, AND this
documentary is made by the same person or group that made The Power of
Nightmares, which I've watched three times:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=881321004838285177&q=power+of+nightmares&total=357&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

I don't agree with everything PoN discusses, but it is fascinating - again,
I've read bios of Qutb in various (abbreviated)forms, but this documentary
is very thought-provoking in its comparing and contrasting of radical Islam
and the rise of the neo-cons and how they play off each other.

I liked that one so much that I did a write-up on it here:
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com/2006/08/power-of-nightmares.html

I wish more documentaries like these were made and shown in the USA.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com/
No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife in the shoulder blades will seriously
cramp his style.