[clue-talk] surveillance cameras

rex evans rexfordevans at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 21 08:52:45 MDT 2007

I have noticed increasing use of cameras and
I think their ability to see details will also
increase.

Surveillance at work place started with a
few cameras in critical areas, for example
to provide external view entry/exits, loading dock.

More cameras in parking lots for security from
muggers,
rapists, kidnappers.

Some personal items got stolen at work, so that was
an excuse to put cameras in all hallways.

At one telephone company, I noticed an audible click
when I neared one of the exits. It was some sort of
alert Sensor, that could only be heard on a quiet day.
Of course there were cameras at every exit also.

In this same company, I became friends with a security
guard.
His previous job was in the company's "listening
room";
they could and did monitor phone lines; their
favorites
were conference room phones.

In one cubical, they installed a clock with hidden
camera, because they had a computer (server) in the
cubical.

In future, insurance companies may require that each
building must have surveillance of all internal areas
and parking lots.

I just heard Peter Boyles on radio say that Denver
Police are video recording at the entrance to
motorcycle events. These are mainstream events, not
some Hell's Angels gatherings.