[clue-talk] How do CLUEbies vote?

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 18:31:33 MDT 2007

On 9/21/07, David Rudder <david.rudder at reliableresponse.net> wrote:
> CLUE members seem to be primarily gun owners and liberatarians.  Not me,
> but many of you.  Personally, I'm a big fan of the nanny state, but
> that's just me.

I'm a frustrated independent who almost always votes Republican. I
despise the nanny (or ninny, per Dennis) state. That was most
definitely NOT what our founders had in mind.

I voted for GWB both times, and would do so again given the choices.
That being said, I basically agree with the war (but not the screwups
until Petraeus came on board) and the lower taxes for "wealthy"
(ha!!!!) types like myself and my wife, but his attitude towards the
(total lack of) protection of our borders is criminally irresponsible.

I cannot vote for a Democrat. The party that supports and draws funds
from an organization like moveon.org is not qualified for office, IMO.
The fact that none of the leading Democratic candidates have chastised
moveon.org for labeling our military commander in Iraq a traitor means
that they are just playing politics with the lives of our soldiers.

My favorites at this point are Romney and Giuliani. I could vote for
either, and I believe that either would make an excellent President.
Romney would be particularly good. It would be nice to have a leader
who is a solid family man and who doesn't fool around on the job.

--
Collins Richey