[clue-talk] surveillance cameras

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Sat Sep 22 08:14:56 MDT 2007

On 09-21 07:52, rex evans wrote:

> I just heard Peter Boyles on radio say that Denver Police are video
> recording at the entrance to motorcycle events. These are mainstream
> events, not some Hell's Angels gatherings.

Not surprising...I think it was on ACLU's Freedom files they showed cops
sitting there and videotaping an anti-war demonstration in NYC. What is that
all about? I did a quick search for some video of that, but found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYbxybHTo

They don't seem to enjoy the camera being turned on them. It's hard to be
sure what the whole context is, but wow.

I just hope the people on the street are continued to be allowed to
videotape/photograph the cops and other people on the street during events.
After all, it was due to evidence like that those cops doing their attempted
dirty tricks were caught in Canada:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_provocateur

Makes those people claiming suspicious individuals showing up and advocating
violence at antiwar groups right after 9/11 very believable.

I seriously doubt this is the first time such things have happened, and
certainly not only in Canada. After all, we had COINTELPRO here.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com/