[clue-talk] surveillance cameras

Michael Fierro miguelito at biffster.org
Sun Sep 23 15:02:34 MDT 2007

On Sun, Sep 23, 2007 at 10:31:04AM -0600, Kevin Cullis wrote:

> The real question is: is our Government really trying to create a
> totalitarian system or is it really protecting our nation? Those of

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Whether the intention is to
protect or not, the end result is restrictions on the rights that make
America America. If our Constitution - the basis of our government - is
destroyed in an attempt to keep us safe, haven't we still lost everything
anyway?

I want to know what happened to the bravery that used to define being
American. "Give me liberty, or give me death." "We have nothing to fear but
fear itself." The current administration continues yelling, "be afraid, be
afraid of those terrorists who are trying to kill you and your children," and
then they proceed to take away our liberties.

Where is our bravery?

> So, regarding cameras, if the cameras are for protecting from evil
> doers, then I'm all for it, but if the cameras are to protect the
> government from it's problems and/or illegal activity, take them down.

So many years later, and the words of Benjamin Franklin are still relevant:
Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Michael Fierro                                  miguelito at biffster.org
Y! Messenger: miguelito_fierro                           AIM: mfierro1
http://biffster.org                           http://weightjournal.com
--
I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His
Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity