[clue-talk] How do CLUEbies vote?

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Mon Sep 24 14:14:41 MDT 2007

Collins Richey wrote:

> An what, pray tell, is so far from sanity about the Romney and
> Giuliani campaigns?

You want to talk about the campaigns, or the men themselves?

> Agreed. Bush is a RINO (Republican in name only). Except for the tax
> cuts which helped the economy get through a rough patch most
> everything he has done is neoliberal.

And as a taxpayer in a non-typical situation, the tax-cut was useless
for me.

Bush used it to push his "family" agenda, giving the biggest/only useful
  breaks to people with children.  Those of us without children didn't
see anything useful out of that "tax cut".

Our friends who've outnumbered themselves with their children and can
barely pay their bills when times even get mildly "bad" in the economy,
benefited greatly, giving those of us paying the taxes a small sigh of
relief that we won't be paying to support their families via welfare and
socialized medicine sooner rather than later.

Eventually bad enough times will hit that they'll start demanding it,
though -- and I'll be paying for that, too.

The social agenda built into the very fabric of state and federal income
taxes of "paying less taxes because you have dependents" is ridiculous,
but serves the majority -- I recognize that.  And I know it isn't going
away.  But friends who have kids are always shocked that I find it not
fair that they get a deduction on their taxes for having children.

Then again, nothing about life is fair, and those trying to make it that
way, will die trying.  :-)

"Make life fair for the children." -- Is both heart-wrenching (we wish
we could) so people always vote for anything with that label, and as
unattainable as it has always been.

Nate