[clue-talk] How do CLUEbies vote?

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 19:29:30 MDT 2007

On 9/23/07, Sean LeBlanc <seanleblanc at comcast.net> wrote:
> On 09-21 18:31, Collins Richey wrote:
>

> > I cannot vote for a Democrat. The party that supports and draws funds
> > from an organization like moveon.org is not qualified for office, IMO.
> > The fact that none of the leading Democratic candidates have chastised
> > moveon.org for labeling our military commander in Iraq a traitor means
> > that they are just playing politics with the lives of our soldiers.
>

> In my opinion, if anything, the Democrats are losers because they more or
> less got a mandate last election to start investigations for impeachment,
> and impeachment was "taken off the table" the minute they were sworn in.
> WTF?  THAT'S an opposition party? The party as a whole needs a spinal
> transplant.

I'm not convinced that government by impeachment is much of an
improvement over the mess we have right now. Even though Clinton was
and is a scumbag, I wasn't really in favor of impeachment proceedings
even in his case.

> And if Hillary or Obama are what the Democrats are putting up for election
> in 2008, I might not vote at all. I'm beginning to understand why my parents
> haven't voted in years. It mostly seems to be a puppet show put on for the
> masses. I was entertaining notions of voting Democratic to try to get the
> current band of sociopaths the hell out, but if they are going to provide
> that sort of "opposition", why bother?

Anything to be accomplished by replacing the current sociopaths with
the left-wing equivalent?

> The only candidates that I've heard say anything approaching sanity are not
> going to be electable, because the media has already largely dismissed them.
> One is Kucinich, and the other is Ron Paul.

An what, pray tell, is so far from sanity about the Romney and
Giuliani campaigns?

> Ever notice that things that *really* affect Americans on an everyday,
> large scale fashion are never what an election is "about" ...
> we will have stuff like NAFTA/CAFTA rammed through without any
>public discussion at all.

Agreed 100%. Both parties have pushed this crap, and the news media
all parrot the same story.

> What constituents besides the ones on K street asked for something like
> NAFTA/CAFTA? NAFTA passed under Clinton. CAFTA under Bush. Can we really say
> these two are really that different? Both of those look like neoliberal
> policies to me.

Agreed. Bush is a RINO (Republican in name only). Except for the tax
cuts which helped the economy get through a rough patch most
everything he has done is neoliberal.

> Anyway, this isn't aimed at you so much, Collins, I'm just faintly amused at
> all the wailing and gnashing of teeth over an activist group like moveon.org
> from the right-wing noise machine,

I take no offense, but we must be listening to different noise
machines. The ones I hear are not complaining about Soros funding the
party, but rather about moveon.org slandering the General who is
fighting a war and about the despicable fact that the New York Times
gave him a bargain rate for the malicious advertisement.

I don't have a clue what the Moonies have to do with this. I thought
they disappeared years ago. You are welcome to disabuse me of this
belief.

> I don't think if the rubber meets the road that Romney will get on
> Republican ticket in any case...too many evangelicals start getting their
> back up over Mormons,

You could be right. There are a lot of people who believe in freedom
of religion only as long as it's THEIR religion. And there are those
who believe that NO religion and/or the religion of our enemies are
the only appropriate choices.

I shudder to think what is ahead for us. If the pollsters are right
and Ms. Clinton is the choice, we are in for worse times than we
already have.

--
Collins Richey