[clue-talk] How do CLUEbies vote?

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Mon Sep 24 14:44:07 MDT 2007

David L. Willson wrote:

> I'm counting.  This is the N'th time that someone has accused GWB of
> lying us into this war, and AFAIK there is no proof.  Last several times
> I accused anyone of lying, I had proof.  Last time we, as a nation,
> called our President a liar, we had plenty of evidence, which he lied
> about, until we came up with a girl's dress with his semen on it.  Is
> there a blue dress here, or is it still possible that the things GWB has
> said are true?

I'm not taking sides on this one, but there has been PLENTY of testimony
to Congress that the decision-makers had information that showed Iraq
was NOT the source of "terrorism" long before 9/11 and since.

If it's a "War on Terror", they're in the wrong country, and we all know
it.  Reaching into Afghanistan (just a place for terrorist to hide) is
just fighting the symptom.

The terrorists live in other countries.  Most were/are citizens of Saudi
Arabia, which for various reasons we'd never go to war with, nor demand
anything of.

Bush's family fortune and the fortunes of others around him, flow from
Saudi oil.  Plain and simple.  I've worked in the oil industry, and
there's no such thing as a rich "Texas" oil man with oil only from
Texas.  That's horse-shit.  Follow the money.

Ironically, Bush Jr's personal money didn't come from oil -- his company
he ran went bust.  His money was in brokering the Houston Astros stadium
deal, which netted him his first millions, and he was not required to
invest to profit.  The investors were happy, and he got the skim.  A
stadium on taxpayer dollars, about as "Democratic/Liberal" as one could
get, really.  In the "party line" view of the world.  Funny, really.
But he made Republicans in Texas rich, not Democrats, so... which side
is he on?  Then he fell in with the neo-cons, most of which dodged
Vietnam just as hard as the Dems they flame-broil for doing so.

If voting is about finding character, NONE of the candidates for many
years has had much.  The only consistent theme is a very "American" one
for all of the canidates, "Playing to win."  They're all sociopaths in
this desire to win at all costs.

The most effective leaders in world history were *usually* those forced
into power who didn't want it.  By definition, this means that anyone
willingly running for the Presidency, probably isn't who you want to
follow, ever.

> Is "flag-burning" a stupid issue to a man who has risked his life to
> defend what the flag represents.  Is the definition of "human life" a
> stupid issue to an infertile couple?  How about a couple struggling to
> have children?  How about a 40 year old man who has loved his life, and

As a member of an "infertile couple" I'm insulted that you think you
know what is important to me.  Please feel free to ask if you'd like to
really know what I think of activist groups using my perfectly natural
(infertility happens in nature) situation as a political crutch to gain
empathy for their causes sometime.  After we cover that, you can ask
what I think of the topics themselves.

But trust me, most infertile couples don't need/want radical groups out
  distracting politicians and the public with religious debates, and we
find it appalling that they do it "in our name"... like we're not here,
with our own opinions.  Feel free to stop using me to make points in
your arguments about YOUR religious beliefs.   :-)

Nate