[clue-talk] How do CLUEbies vote?

Michael Fierro miguelito at biffster.org
Tue Sep 25 13:54:46 MDT 2007

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 01:26:12PM -0600, David L. Willson wrote:

> Why is the unborn not a person?  What's the thing that makes you a
> person, and him not?  I addressed the case where Mom's life is in danger
> in my last post.

Until a child is born, it only has the potential to be a child. There are
still many things that can prevent that from happening.

> > > homeless and hungry, perhaps we could start a Soylent Green initiative.
> > > Hey, that reminds me of embryonic stem-cell testing.  Someone wiser than

> > As I stated above, discussions about abortion apparently cannot remain
> > rational.

> Do tell.  At what point did I become irrational?  Emotional, yes, and
> justifiably so, but not irrational.

If you can't see the irrationality of comparing soylent green to embryonic
stem cell research, then we don't have anything left to discuss.

Michael Fierro                                  miguelito at biffster.org
Y! Messenger: miguelito_fierro                           AIM: mfierro1
http://biffster.org                           http://weightjournal.com
--
"I am now telling the computer EXACTLY what he can do with a
lifetime supply of chocolate." - "Willie Wonka and the Chocolate