[clue-talk] How do CLUEbies vote?

Tue Sep 25 14:06:59 MDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 13:54 -0600, Michael Fierro wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 01:26:12PM -0600, David L. Willson wrote:
>
> > Why is the unborn not a person?  What's the thing that makes you a
> > person, and him not?  I addressed the case where Mom's life is in danger
> > in my last post.
>
> Until a child is born, it only has the potential to be a child. There are
> still many things that can prevent that from happening.

I agree that there are many things that can prevent the unborn from
living long enough to be born, but the risks to his/her life do not make
him/her less than human.  There are risks to my life.  If I were in
great danger, I would want protection and help.  Danger and risk do not
stop me from being human.  Why is the unborn not a human child?

> > > As I stated above, discussions about abortion apparently cannot remain
> > > rational.
>
> > Do tell.  At what point did I become irrational?  Emotional, yes, and
> > justifiably so, but not irrational.
>
> If you can't see the irrationality of comparing soylent green to embryonic
> stem cell research, then we don't have anything left to discuss.

You over-trimmed.  I finished with the question:  What is the difference
between Soylent Green and federally funded embryonic stem cell research?
If you're going to accuse me of irrationality, you're bound to show the
breakdown in the logic, I think.