[clue-talk] Terminal Server options (was How do CLUEbies vote?)

Michael Fierro miguelito at biffster.org
Tue Sep 25 14:40:37 MDT 2007

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 02:04:49PM -0600, David Rudder wrote:

> I found a very nice play on VNC.  Look up x11vnc.  It's your basic VNC
> server, except it's run from the command-line and exits after the last
> client connects.  So, it's always available, as long as you have SSH
> access, but when you're not using it it's turned off.

I've been sticking to NoMachine's nx. It is amazing how fast it is. Even over
the 'net to a not-super-fast broadband connection, nx still manages to give
the appearance of being on the local machine. That's ruined the second that I
try to do anything with video or audio, of course. But aside from that, it is
good stuff.

Michael Fierro                                  miguelito at biffster.org
Y! Messenger: miguelito_fierro                           AIM: mfierro1
http://biffster.org                           http://weightjournal.com
--
"Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't
eat the filthy motherfucker."