[clue-talk] How do CLUEbies vote?

Michael Fierro miguelito at biffster.org
Tue Sep 25 15:26:35 MDT 2007

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 01:53:31PM -0600, David L. Willson wrote:

> result of my [in]action?  For example:  If you just happen to get run
> over by a truck, I'm innocent.  If I'm driving the truck, or paying the
> driver, I'm not innocent.  That seems pretty white and
> some-shade-of-black to me...

Ah, but there are shades of gray in there. If you are driving the truck, but
if I stepped out into the road and you had no ability to stop in time, then
you are innocent. If you are driving the truck, going a sensible speed, lose
control on a patch of ice and run me over, you are still probably innocent.
If you are driving the truck and a little boy zooms across your path on a
bike, you swerve to avoid hitting him, and end up running over me, you're
innocent.

Now, add in extenuating circumstances, and those could flip. If you are
drunk, odds are you are guilty, even if I stepped out into the street
directly in front of you. If you are driving at a high rate of speed to get
away from a police car that is chasing you because you stole the truck you
are in, you swerve to avoid hitting the boy on the bike, and you proceed to
run me over, you are definitely guilty.

Nothing is black and white.

Michael Fierro                                  miguelito at biffster.org
Y! Messenger: miguelito_fierro                           AIM: mfierro1
http://biffster.org                           http://weightjournal.com
--
"And they're all rated X. M O O N, that spells X." - Tom Cullen, The
Stand