[clue-talk] How do CLUEbies vote?

David Rudder david.rudder at reliableresponse.net
Fri Sep 28 07:26:32 MDT 2007

Kevin Cullis wrote:
> Michael,
>
> Not being sarcastic at all. If you watch some of the Middle Easts
> media outlets as well as the things that are happening over in Europe
> it's difficult to be funny with the Imams spouting hatred of America
> and Israel, just like Iran's President Amadinajad has stated recently.
> What goes on over there will affect us here at some point as this
> hatred will grow. There is no American Muslim, there is only Muslims.
> However, there are some minor Muslims that are beginning to talk out
> loud, but they are being silenced by the extremists.
>
> Here is the best site discussing these various issues:
>
> http://www.jihadwatch.org/

Robert Spencer, the author of Jihad Watch, disagrees with you about the
existence of American Muslims.  From the site's FAQ:
*Q: Do you hate Muslims?*
RS: Of course not. Islam is not a monolith, and never have I said or
written anything that characterizes all Muslims as terrorist or given to
violence. I am only calling attention to the roots and goals of jihad
violence. Any Muslim who renounces violent jihad and dhimmitude is
welcome to join in our anti-jihadist efforts. Any hate in my books comes
from Muslim sources I quote, not from me. Cries of "hatred" and
"bigotry" are effectively used by American Muslim advocacy groups to try
to stifle the debate about the terrorist threat. But there is no
substance to them.

This site definitely has a bias.  Mr. Spencer admits it.  And, there's
nothing wrong with that.  But, you do get a very one-sided view of the
issue from this site.  Is the counter to go to sites like Al Jazeera's
web page, which is biased in the other direction?  Personally, I don't
think 2 people with opposite agendas counter each other.  I think maybe
it's a better idea to get your information from a site that's relatively
unbiased.  Like the New York Times or the Rocky Mountain News or Bloomberg.