[clue-talk] Would you pass the U.S. citizenship test?

Yaverot Yaverot at computermail.net
Sat Sep 29 12:36:39 MDT 2007

An actual citizen test (without studying), probably not. On this multiple choice I got 100, more often I get in the 90% range.

The succession question because something along those lines was on Jeopardy within the last few months.

The correct answer to the tax question is that there is no such day. To avoid fees & fines a 1040 series form (and related support forms) are due April 15 (unless extended by holiday) the calendar year after the year it reports on.  There are a number of cases where you don't need to file, and after so many years you forfeit any 'refund'. "Reasonable fines" end with the associated Oct 15 date I believe.

On voting members of the house, I would have balked. What do you mean by 'voting members', and how is that different than elected representatives? IIRC the House has had itself capped at 237 members since before my parents were born, the other numbers were just obviously tricks to make you think of the Senate.

On the number of amendments, I knew one had been passed to up it from 26, since I left school. Considering how quietly that happened I wouldn't have been too surprised at the highest number.