[clue-talk] Debian on OpenMoko FreeRunner

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Sat Aug 16 13:24:42 MDT 2008

On 08-16 10:45, Brian Gibson wrote:
> http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/08/16/0037221&from=rss
>
> Now that's an UMPC

Heh, did you see the comment that links to this video of its bootup
sequence?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c0eVdj4E7w

Although I'm watching these things (OpenMoko, Android) with much interest,
I'm not sure any of them are ready for prime time yet.

I would just like a phone with a good browser, which iPhone has, but without
all the vendor lock-in - virtually no phone has that yet - I mean, Apple
won't even let you use an external keyboard for their phone yet. Their
attitude being, I guess, no no no, silly user, you can use our awesomeness
that is the touch screen, you don't need no steekin' keyboard, even if you
really think you do - The Steve has spoken.

Too much money to be made from keeping you from using your own phone as if
it was, actually, uh, yours, and unlike PCs, they didn't start with the cat
already out of the bag.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com/
A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.