[clue-talk] Debian on OpenMoko FreeRunner

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Sat Aug 16 14:18:58 MDT 2008

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 13:24:42 -0600
Sean LeBlanc wrote:

> Heh, did you see the comment that links to this video of its bootup
> sequence?
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c0eVdj4E7w

Okay, that's kinda funny, but also a bit sad. I wouldn't want to wait
that long for my phone to be ready to use after turning it on. I'm also
imagining the reaction from some non-geeks if they get the message about
sda1 being fsckd.

> Although I'm watching these things (OpenMoko, Android) with much
> interest, I'm not sure any of them are ready for prime time yet.
>
> I would just like a phone with a good browser

Good thing for me that I'm still happy with a phone that does ...

wait for it ...

 .
 .
 .