[clue-talk] Go carts on Denver streets

David Rudder david.rudder at reliableresponse.net
Wed Aug 20 10:01:42 MDT 2008

I don't know if anyone else out there gets the Denver Daily News (I know
most of you are down south).  There's an article in today's edition
"Commute in golf carts?"  Rep. Don Marostica, R-Loveland (yes, I'm
surprised he's a Republican) is sponsoring the bill.  It looks like
there's a lot of support for it, including from the state highway patrol.

Checking ebay for availability, I think this one is pretty nice:
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Passenger-Electric-Golf-Cart-Car-Yellow-GEM-nev-think_W0QQitemZ320286503576QQihZ011QQcategoryZ40155QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
$6k for something that can't go over 35MPH is kind of steep though.  I
see some on ebay for $2k, which is totally reasonable, I think.

My problem with golf carts is also my problem with scooters, vespas,
etc.  When the weather's nice, and I don't have to go far, I bike.  When
the weather's nasty, or I need to get on the freeway, a golf cart
doesn't work much better than my bike.

-Dave