[clue-talk] Go carts on Denver streets

grant at amadensor.com grant at amadensor.com
Wed Aug 20 12:26:35 MDT 2008

Quoting "David Rudder" <david.rudder at reliableresponse.net>:

> So, how has that worked out?  Have the price of golf carts risen?
> Are bikers contending with mad golf cart drivers?  Do you think it's
> made any change in quality of life, cost of commuting, etc?
>
> Golf carts in my bike lanes would be annoying, but I get annoyed
> really easily.  I figure most of them are open to the sides, so I
> can just yell "get the hell out of my lane, jerk-off!"  It won't
> help, but it'll make me feel better.  grant at amadensor.com wrote:
>> Quoting "David Rudder" <david.rudder at reliableresponse.net>:

They really aren't on the bike lanes.   They are mostly on the city
streets.   There are only about 4 really major streets here in
Cheyenne, and they all have a speed limit of 40 or less.  Most of the
vehicles being used can go over 30.  If you could find a 30 MPH golf
cart, it would be pretty useful.

There have not been very many golf carts taking advantage of this.
It is mostly ATV's and mini-trucks, like Rhinos and Gators.  This has
not been for fuel economy reasons.   They don't get any better mileage
than cars.  They are just more fun, and don't get stuck in the snow.

Traffic problems because of them have not really been an issue.
These other vehicles will keep up with the Vespas and they were
already on the road.  The good news is that they got the ATV's off the
interstate.  70 MPH on balloon tires just was not a good idea.