[clue-talk] Update Manager, over 200, how to decide.

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 19:24:41 MST 2008

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 6:56 PM, rex evans <rexfordevans at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am installing these, a few at a time, and got it below 200.
>
> But are all these necessary?
>
> Is there some way to tell which of them that I do not need?

I presume this is ubuntu? I would say yes, you need them all. The
updates were released for a reason. As time goes by, you may determine
some packages that you don't really need, and you won't get any more
updates for those if you remove them.

Until you have a little more experience under your belt, just take the
updates as offered. On a released ubuntu, most of these are going to
be bug fixes or security fixes, not really new versions of anything.

--
Collins Richey