[clue-talk] Re: [clue-tech] The latest Debian feud - worth a read

Grant Johnson grant at amadensor.com
Wed Dec 31 15:09:17 MST 2008

You can already add other repositories that take care of these issues.
Debian-Multimedia.org has most of what you want.   I also added the
Scribus repository because I want to be a little more bleeding edge than
the official repositories are.

That said, I do agree that while I can understand the philosophy of not
having them enabled by default, it should be just a matter of adding
non-free, and it should be there.

I think the same should be there for the kernel.  Do not allow it to
load non-GPL modules by default, but, if you want, change a parameter in
sysctl, and load away.  This way a distribution could easily set it up
that way if that is what their users want, but the vanilla tree could
remain pure.