[clue-talk] Politics, anyone?

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Sun Jan 6 17:31:48 MST 2008

On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 16:59:32 -0700
Collins Richey wrote:

> I don't really understand why Jed considers Romney to be a RINO,
> however Huck definitely is.

Well, you could start here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/04/AR2006040401937.html

And then there's the appelation "Taxachusetts" for his home state.

Gun control? Yeah,
http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2007/01/14/romney_retreats_on_gun_control/
-- he was for it, before he was against it.

He can comb his hair differently, but he can't change his spots.

Of course, these days, I don't know what a "Republican" is, since anyone
who's a legal voter can go down to the gub'mint and register under
whatever party affiliation they want to. I could register as a Democrat,
and they wouldn't kick me out for disagreeing with them on nearly
everything they purport to believe in. The fact that Romney is considered
by at least some in the Republican party to be a viable nominee is an
indicator of how far the Republican party has moved to the left. But, for
that matter, I think that if I cared enough to research it, I could find
at least a few Democrats who are, overall, to the right of Romney.

I actually expect Giuliani to do well enough in NY and CA, that the rest
of the field will have a hard time beating him. Yeah, it's possible that
Huck or Thompson can grab enough delegates from other states to do it. I
just don't think it's likely.

As for the Democrats, they're all far worse than Romney.

jed