[clue-talk] Heller

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Tue Jul 1 16:08:53 MDT 2008

Jed S. Baer wrote:

> Ugh. With a magazine safety, if you have a round in the chamber, and your
> magazine falls out at the wrong moment, you're prevented from firing when
> you need to. Ever accidentally bump the magazine release? I know, it's
> not a common thing, but Murphy will kick your ass if you let him.

Honest answer?  Never.

(Not saying others haven't accidentally dropped a clip before, but I am
rarely firing weapons in stressful situations, and if any weapon I was
using let a clip fall out that easily, I'd take it in for repair, or get
a better-designed model.)

I don't own one of the "clip-less safety" weapons, but have a family
member that does.

I just found it interesting when I saw it (and tested it under
controlled conditions), and thought I'd share.

Nate