[clue-talk] the recent "green" fads - or "Stupid Green"

Brian Gibson bwg1974 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 2 09:32:32 MDT 2008

Yes I've heard of them, but from what I've read about the company, they're mostly all talk.

I've been keeping an eye on the VentureOne (http://www.flytheroad.com/) based off the Carver (http://www.carver-worldwide.com/Home/Index.asp?nc=1).

There's also the BMW Clever prototype. (http://www.leftlanenews.com/bmws-clever-concept-completed.html)

The T-Rex (http://www.campagnamotors.com/) is not fully enclosed and probably not very efficient since it's sport-tuned, but it sure looks like a lot of fun.

The Space Efficient Vehicle (http://www.tuvie.com/sev-space-efficient-vehicle) is just a concept but it manages to be a fully enclosed 3-seater and looks more car than motorcycle.

The first production-ready trike appears to be the TRIAC EV (http://gas2.org/2008/05/27/an-electric-car-you-can-buy-today-the-20k-triac-ev/).

You may recall the Corbin Sparrow which saw limited production before the company filed for bankruptcy.  The assets are now owned by Myers Motors (http://myersmotors.com/) and the vehicle has been renamed the NmG (30 mile range at 75 mph)

My biggest concern with these vehicles is of course safety.  Because they are classified as motorcycles they don't have to meet the same safety requirements as cars.  I hope someone eventually invents the crash foam seen in Demolition Man and Speed Racer.