[clue-talk] Linux Counter

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Mon Jul 7 15:24:10 MDT 2008

Michael Fierro wrote:
> On Sun July 6 2008 10:19:19 pm David L. Willson wrote:
>> Get counted, if you haven't already:
>>
>> http://counter.li.org
>
> I am #233313. But I think that the counter is a relic of a 'net long past. I'd reckon that a majority - maybe even a massive majority - of Linux users have never heard of it.

#149371 here.  Haven't set up their script on a machine in years, though.

It's a relic of the days when people didn't know what Linux was and
people wanted to show it was being used.

While a lot of people in the general population still don't, anyone
who's working with computers in any serious way (not as an end-user),
knows Linux is there and either uses it or doesn't, as needed.

Nate