[clue-talk] Linux Counter

Mon Jul 7 15:31:48 MDT 2008

On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 15:24:10 -0600, Nate Duehr wrote
> Michael Fierro wrote:
> > On Sun July 6 2008 10:19:19 pm David L. Willson wrote:
> >> Get counted, if you haven't already:
> >>
> >> http://counter.li.org
> >
> > I am #233313. But I think that the counter is a relic of a 'net long past. I'd
reckon that a majority - maybe even a massive majority - of Linux users have never heard
of it.

> #149371 here.  Haven't set up their script on a machine in years, though.
>
> It's a relic of the days when people didn't know what Linux was and
> people wanted to show it was being used.
>
> While a lot of people in the general population still don't, anyone
> who's working with computers in any serious way (not as an end-user),
> knows Linux is there and either uses it or doesn't, as needed.

You made me do it.  I'm user # 109284.  Let's see who chimes in next...  I'm still
thinking of cron'ing their script on all my boxes.  I think I might be up to 20, all told.

-- David