[clue-talk] abolish abortion in america

Tue Jun 3 09:46:32 MDT 2008

> (http://www.plannedparenthood.org/issues-action/birth-control/family-planning-
> 6553.htm). They use that money to fund education and contraceptive programs.
> This has the effect of REDUCING the amount of abortions.

Contraception reduces conceptions, which reduces abortions indirectly, but to say that
contraception reduces abortions implies that an unplanned pregnancy is an abortion
waiting to happen, and that's not a healthy perspective.

I think the separation of funds and branches within PP is insufficient.  They need to
split off the branch and function to a separate entity.

In either case, though, funding this is a charitable function, and I'm rethinking
government charity (because of Ron Paul).  I'm more and more in favor of ending
government charity, leaving that money in the people's pockets, and letting them decide
which charities to fund.

> For Medicaid, as far as I can tell, the Hyde amendment is still in effect,
> which restricts Medicaid coverage of abortions to only cases where the mother
> was either raped, a victim of incest, or whose life is in danger from the
> pregnancy. I don't know about you, but I think those are very valid reasons
> for abortion.

See my earlier post for a full statement, but let me summarize that I believe a woman
should not be bound to feed or house an embryo that came to be in her against her will.
 It must be her option how to proceed, and all damages, to both victims, will be the
responsibility of the person that forced her.  Examples: If the child were to die as a
result of being removed from her body, an additional crime would be attributed to the
rapist.  I think it's called "criminal negligence resulting in the death of a minor" or
something.  If the woman were to choose to raise the child, well, number one, she'd be a
Hell of a lady, and worth our admiration, but on this point, the rapist would be
responsible for paying child support.  (I'm sure the ACLU would help him pursue
visitation, though, so don't feel too bad for him.)

Why do people separate rape and incest?  Does incest usually happen consensually?  I'm
not familiar with a lot of incest cases.  If so, wouldn't the risks thereof be the
responsibility of the participants, as in non-incestual, consensual sex?

-- David
abolish abortion