[clue-talk] abolish abortion in america

dennisjperkins at comcast.net dennisjperkins at comcast.net
Tue Jun 3 12:13:18 MDT 2008

From: "David L. Willson" <DLWillson at TheGeek.NU>

> See my earlier post for a full statement, but let me summarize that I believe a
> woman
> should not be bound to feed or house an embryo that came to be in her against
> her will.
>  It must be her option how to proceed, and all damages, to both victims, will be
> the
> responsibility of the person that forced her.  Examples: If the child were to
> die as a
> result of being removed from her body, an additional crime would be attributed
> to the
> rapist.  I think it's called "criminal negligence resulting in the death of a
> minor" or
> something.

Hmm.  That's a hell of a statement.  You want abortion to be treated as murder, but then you say that if a rape victim has an abortion, the rapist should be guilty of that???  That's a slippery slope too.  If you apply this reasoning to rape, why not apply this to other things as well, such as making a parent guilty of a child's crimes because they didn't raise that child properly?

> If the woman were to choose to raise the child, well, number one,
> she'd be a
> Hell of a lady, and worth our admiration, but on this point, the rapist would be
> responsible for paying child support.  (I'm sure the ACLU would help him pursue
> visitation, though, so don't feel too bad for him.)

Child support sounds good, but what if the rapist is in prison?