[clue-talk] abolish abortion in america

Tue Jun 3 12:27:25 MDT 2008

On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 18:13:18 +0000, dennisjperkins wrote
> From: "David L. Willson" <DLWillson at TheGeek.NU>
>
> > See my earlier post for a full statement, but let me summarize that I believe a
> > woman
> > should not be bound to feed or house an embryo that came to be in her against
> > her will.
> >  It must be her option how to proceed, and all damages, to both victims, will be
> > the
> > responsibility of the person that forced her.  Examples: If the child were to
> > die as a
> > result of being removed from her body, an additional crime would be attributed
> > to the
> > rapist.  I think it's called "criminal negligence resulting in the death of a
> > minor" or
> > something.
>
> Hmm.  That's a hell of a statement.  You want abortion to be treated as murder,
>  but then you say that if a rape victim has an abortion, the rapist should be
> guilty of that???  That's a slippery slope too.  If you apply this reasoning
> to rape, why not apply this to other things as well, such as making a parent
> guilty of a child's crimes because they didn't raise that child properly?

I don't see the parallel.  Break it down for me.  Seriously, I've tried to get the
analogous relationship for several minutes, but I don't get it.

> > If the woman were to choose to raise the child, well, number one,
> > she'd be a
> > Hell of a lady, and worth our admiration, but on this point, the rapist would be
> > responsible for paying child support.  (I'm sure the ACLU would help him pursue
> > visitation, though, so don't feel too bad for him.)
>
> Child support sounds good, but what if the rapist is in prison?

Then he's going to accumulate some debt while in prison, unless he has assets that can
be put to service.

-- David
abolish abortion