[clue-talk] abolish abortion in america

Louis Miller veganguy at canadaseek.com
Tue Jun 3 15:55:28 MDT 2008

I'm pro-choice and I am in favor of government funding of abortions, but I hate planned parenthood. When, I started trying to get a vasectomy at age 23, they gave me the runaround, and they were stringing me along. They only want married men in their 30's who come in with their wives. Where the wife does all the talking, "Scooter and I have talked it over, and we have decided that it is time for him to get fixed." They don't want to give it to single men so they can have as much promiscuos sex as they want. They are too into family values for me, and they are a female-dominated, matriarchal environment.

I've been trying to avoid this conversation as much as possible. And I am
truly not sniping, just bringing up points in the conversation that I think
are interesting, and maybe shed a little light on what is behind the
arguments, or bits and pieces that are not factual.

>  - If you want to abort your kid, we'll pay for it, and make it convenient.
>  (Planned Parenthood public funding)

I have heard this argument used time and time, but it isn't as black-and-white
as it sounds. Planned Parenthood receives federal funding from two main
sources: Title X and Medicaid. However, PP specifically does not use Title X
funds for abortion
(http://www.plannedparenthood.org/issues-action/birth-control/family-planning-6553.htm).
They use that money to fund education and contraceptive programs. This has
the effect of REDUCING the amount of abortions.

For Medicaid, as far as I can tell, the Hyde amendment is still in effect,
which restricts Medicaid coverage of abortions to only cases where the mother
was either raped, a victim of incest, or whose life is in danger from the
pregnancy. I don't know about you, but I think those are very valid reasons
for abortion.

Michael Fierro                                  miguelito at biffster.org
Y! Messenger: miguelito_fierro                           AIM: mfierro1
http://biffster.org                           http://weightjournal.com
--
"I don't like warriors. Too narrow-minded, no subtlety. And worse, they
fight for hopeless causes. Honor? Huh! Honor's killed millions of people,