[clue-talk] Computer Control Machine Jobs, propaganda?

rex evans rexfordevans at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 15 07:58:40 MDT 2008

Last week I saw a national news piece on
"job Americans won't do" in St. Charles Missouri.
There seemed to be very few facts presented.
The video showed light manufacturing in a clean
factory.

No specifics of the jobs except "computer literate",
and no mention of the type of computer or Operating
System.

They did jump to the conclusion that they could
not fill the jobs because young people were not
oriented toward "manufacturing". They presented
a few clips of HS/college agers responding to the
"manufacturing?" question with "I assumed the
service industry" type of answer.

There are plenty of out-of-work young, middle, and
senior people. So why could they not find them?

Today I went on the internet and found, what I think,
is a link to this original piece.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/03/11/eveningnews/main3926349.shtml

Reading the article, it seems there are only six job
openings and this goes on National TV news, without
exploration of the actual jobs, requirements, or how
they were searching for candidates. Very fishy.

Does anyone know what OS these (or other machine
control) computers might be using?

Are any of you guys as suspicious as I am about
this?