[clue-talk] Any feelings on Barr and Libertarian Party?

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu May 29 00:10:00 MDT 2008

On May 28, 2008, at 7:19 PM, Collins Richey wrote:

> You could be right, but I shudder at the thought. You certainly will
> not see an economic recovery if Obama is elected, unless of course
> you're in one of the "victim" classes he will tax us to promote.

Actually, that's the short term.

In the long(er) term, near the end of his Presidential term or into
the next President's term, the economy will upswing just like it has
always done, and whoever's in office will take credit for it, even
though it's the natural cycle of markets...

The sad reality is... if anyone thinks that taxes are going DOWN under
any political party, they're sadly mistaken about how modern
Washington D.C. works.  I wish it weren't true, but "Conservatives"
and "Liberals" are misleading statements.  I haven't seen a true
fiscal "Conservative" as an option on a Presidential ballot since I've
been alive.

If we'd all stop thinking about whether or not we're going to get
taxed (we are - heavily) and spend more time demanding that government
use the tax money efficiently and wisely and vote any idiot out of
office who can't accomplish that goal... no matter what their
religious bent is, no matter who's stupid talk show we hear that says
they're "great", or pretty much anything else... things would be a lot
better.  Follow the money and make it go where it's needed most.

Problem is... where the money goes is so often hidden in piles of
bureaucracy that it can't be figured out until long after the person
that authorized the expenditures is sitting in their next five cushy
corporate Board-level jobs (at the same time, in the same industry
sector - another major problem with U.S. Finance), and not in politics
anymore.

Until the people get enough education to balance a checkbook and then
expect their politicians to do the same... pork fat rules, as Emeril
Lagosse would say!

--
Nate Duehr
nate at natetech.com