[clue-talk] Whiny Bitches

Thu May 29 11:27:52 MDT 2008

The first quote I want in my memoirs is "I hate whiny bitches."

I have found that there is a group of people that find fault in everything.  Nothing is
grand, glorious, and praise-worthy.  Everything is buggered some way.  Can't stand 'em.

I have found that there is another, largely intersecting group of people that describe
problems in grinding detail and never suggest solutions to those problems.  Can't stand
them, too.

I have found that there is a small group of people that always propose a solution, a
beginning to a solution, a thought for how to gain more information, or a resource that
ought to be consulted, whenever they observe a problem.  It seems to be compulsive for
them.  Whenever they see a problem, they seek a solution, or help toward a solution,
until they find it, and then they publicize what they've found, along with the problem
it solves.

I have found another small group, which largely intersects with those problem-solvers,
that sees things shining in the muck of every day life, like stones in the bottom of a
stream, and they're ever calling me over to see the shiny things they've found.

I like myself best when I'm able and willing to appreciate the shiny, able and willing
to contribute to the solution, and not so involved in my myriad of problems that I just
haven't the time to solve one of them, or appreciate the shiny thing embedded in the muck.

Hm.  My prose is weak today, but you get the idea.

People learn best when they're told, and able to hear, what to ~do~, and we learn very
poorly what ~not~ to do.  Teachers, say, "stay sober", not "don't drink", or "work hard"
not "don't slack", or "vote for the guy who will accomplish what you want accomplished"
not "don't vote for that other fellow, (s)he sucks".

The problem I face today is that none of our candidates will fight my fight, so I have
to choose from tailings.  The fellow that will accomplish most of what I want done in
terms of establishing honorable behavior and social responsibility as norms, is dead-set
against protecting the unborn.  I can't vote pro-slavery, no matter how much I agree
with the rest of the man's alignment.  The only thing I find attractive in McCain is his
commitment to victory before withdrawal from Iraq, but he has yet to define the
conditions of victory, so, like Bush, I distrust his ability and willingness to seek
closure for that situation.  Hillary...  Dear Lord.  I dislike Hillary as much as I
dislike her husband, and maybe more.  Maybe I need to read her writing, as I have
Obama's, so that I can understand her, and know what she says for herself, but I haven't
yet, and I see her as a political power monster with no true vision for our betterment.
 So, this time, I will abstain from voting, because the guy I would have voted for
enthusiastically is out, and the guy I might have voted for, I can't endorse because of
the depth of his betrayal to my own primary cause.  bleah.  The "gem in the muck" here
is that Obama probably will win, and we will be several steps closer to realizing how
stupid it is to divide ourselves, one from another, over conditions of conception and
birth over which we have no control and should exert none, like skin-color, sex, and
location.

David Willson

abolish abortion