[clue-talk] Whiny Bitches

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu May 29 12:45:12 MDT 2008

On May 29, 2008, at 11:27 AM, David L. Willson wrote:

> The first quote I want in my memoirs is "I hate whiny bitches."
>
> I have found that there is a group of people that find fault in
> everything.  Nothing is
> grand, glorious, and praise-worthy.  Everything is buggered some
> way.  Can't stand 'em.
>
> I have found that there is another, largely intersecting group of
> people that describe
> problems in grinding detail and never suggest solutions to those
> problems.  Can't stand
> them, too.

We have a name for these people in the non-profit volunteer
organization(s) I work with...

"Whiners in their Recliners"

And while we always put forth a front that says, "We're listening" and
we do factor in their input... the people doing the work get to decide
what the priorities are, always.

If I had my way and it weren't so politically incorrect in large
organizations of people to say it, I'd just institute a rule... "If
you can't recommend and WORK ON a solution, report the problem once,
politely, and move on.  Leave the people doing real work alone."

I've also run into a few people like this in business, but our
corporate culture doesn't suffer them long... they magically disappear
during layoffs and down-turns.  Thank Goodness.

Anyway, at least now you have a funny phrase you can commiserate with
your fellow "solution-makers".  Anyone who's really worked on anything
and had rocks thrown at them by the mob whining but not working on the
problems... will completely understand "Whiners in their Recliners".

--
Nate Duehr
nate at natetech.com