[clue-talk] Whiny Bitches

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Thu May 29 18:27:19 MDT 2008

On 05-29 12:26, David L. Willson wrote:
> On Thu, 29 May 2008 18:12:21 +0000, dennisjperkins wrote
> > I find that I am usually voting against someone, or maybe I should say for the
> > "least objectionable choice".  I don't think I have ever voted for a winning
> > president yet.  That doesn't mean that I voted Democrat or Republican.
>
> If this is a gentle nudge toward Libertarian, I'll take the time to explain why I can't
> go.  We create laws to protect ourselves and our property.  Those that cannot defend
> themselves are defended by appointed people.  The Libertarians want to legalize and tax
> all sorts of recreational drugs, which makes sense to me, but they refuse to defend the
> rights of unborn people (who cannot defend themselves), which makes no logical sense,
> unless you also get rid of the rules saying that us air-breathers can't assault one
> another when it's convenient to do so.  I'm all against special rights, and all for
> equal rights.  That puts me in a strange and hard-to-align political position.

As a (former) card-carrying Libertarian, I was pretty sure the LP, at least
as far as members, was divided on the issue of abortion.

It's been a few years since I've left the plantation, so to speak, though,
and it's never really been on my radar as an important issue, so I may be
mis-remembering.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com/
Managers know it must be good because the programmers hate it so much.