[clue-talk] Whiny Bitches

dennisjperkins at comcast.net dennisjperkins at comcast.net
Thu May 29 13:22:55 MDT 2008

From: "David L. Willson" <DLWillson at TheGeek.NU>
> On Thu, 29 May 2008 18:12:21 +0000, dennisjperkins wrote
> > I find that I am usually voting against someone, or maybe I should say for the
> > "least objectionable choice".  I don't think I have ever voted for a winning
> > president yet.  That doesn't mean that I voted Democrat or Republican.
>
> If this is a gentle nudge toward Libertarian, I'll take the time to explain why
> I can't
> go.  We create laws to protect ourselves and our property.  Those that cannot
> defend
> themselves are defended by appointed people.  The Libertarians want to legalize
> and tax
> all sorts of recreational drugs, which makes sense to me, but they refuse to
> defend the
> rights of unborn people (who cannot defend themselves), which makes no logical
> sense,
> unless you also get rid of the rules saying that us air-breathers can't assault
> one
> another when it's convenient to do so.  I'm all against special rights, and all
> for
> equal rights.  That puts me in a strange and hard-to-align political position.

It's not a push towards anything, except maybe to vote instead of abstaining.  Sometimes the best choice is to abstain, but when we are electing someone, I think we should try to vote for the best candidate, even if they aren't quite what we want.

Maybe someone else would have been president instead of Bush if apathetic or disaffected voters had voted.