[clue-talk] Whiny Bitches

Thu May 29 17:51:02 MDT 2008

> It's not a push towards anything, except maybe to vote instead of abstaining.
> Sometimes the best choice is to abstain, but when we are electing someone, I
> think we should try to vote for the best candidate, even if they aren't quite
> what we want.
>
> Maybe someone else would have been president instead of Bush if apathetic or
> disaffected voters had voted.

Actually, I voted for Bush, not out of disaffection or apathy, but because I believed,
and still do, that he was the best man for the job.  Please bear in mind that to me "the
job" consists of three things:

1) Establishment of equal rights for unborn humans (We have them for all other sorts of
humans, so why not?)
2) A return to fiscal responsibility (Since when is insurmountable debt normal and
acceptable?)
3) Respect for tradition, normalcy, and healthy behavior  (Is it really that difficult
to find a morally upright man these days?  I guess it must be, but I'm not into easy as
much as right, and I don't give up easily.)

Due to his mishandling of the money and the war, I wish that there had been better
choices available when Bush was up.  But there were no better choices.  Bush was the
best choice I had on my main issue, and I had no idea how he'd be on other things.  The
fact that we had a loose-cannon Texan in charge when Al Qaeda fucked with us is not all
bad.  Bad, yes, but it could have been worse, and it really just couldn't have been
good, so...

-- David
abolish abortion