[clue-talk] Whiny Bitches

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Thu May 29 18:31:04 MDT 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 5:51 PM, David L. Willson <DLWillson at thegeek.nu> wrote:

>> It's not a push towards anything, except maybe to vote instead of abstaining.
>> Sometimes the best choice is to abstain, but when we are electing someone, I
>> think we should try to vote for the best candidate, even if they aren't quite
>> what we want.
>>
>> Maybe someone else would have been president instead of Bush if apathetic or
>> disaffected voters had voted.
>
> Actually, I voted for Bush, not out of disaffection or apathy, but because I believed,
> and still do, that he was the best man for the job.  Please bear in mind that to me "the
> job" consists of three things:
>
> 1) Establishment of equal rights for unborn humans (We have them for all other sorts of
> humans, so why not?)
> 2) A return to fiscal responsibility (Since when is insurmountable debt normal and
> acceptable?)
> 3) Respect for tradition, normalcy, and healthy behavior  (Is it really that difficult
> to find a morally upright man these days?  I guess it must be, but I'm not into easy as
> much as right, and I don't give up easily.)
>
> Due to his mishandling of the money and the war, I wish that there had been better
> choices available when Bush was up.  But there were no better choices.

I have to agree that there was no better choice. Bush had a lot of
help with category 2, help from Republican idiots who should have
known better. No argument with category 3, either.

As regards number 1, this is not a criteria for me in choosing a
President. I abhor abortion, but I do not want my government involved
pro or con. As a person who cannot become pregnant, I have no right to
tell a woman what she should do or not do when pregnant. For me, the
right of a woman to control her own body is absolute. Education is the
answer.

--
Collins Richey