[clue-talk] abolish abortion in america

Fri May 30 11:21:31 MDT 2008

On Fri, 30 May 2008 10:59:49 -0600, Michael Fierro wrote
> On Fri May 30 2008 10:30:52 am David L. Willson wrote:
>
> > I have a solution.  Grant in law what exists in ethos, the unborn's right
> > to life. Abolish abortion.  Change every man's basic assumption that the
>
> Change every *man's* basic assumption? Interesting phrasing... that could be
> interpreted to mean that you don't think women should have a say in this at
> all. And of course it is even more interesting, given that this topic
> concerns women directly; men just tangentially.
>
> At least, until men routinely start getting pregnant, of course. :)

It might be interpreted that way if the interpreter thought I was a shallow idiot.  I
meant "man" in the neuter, of course.  I might have meant it in the sense that men are
generally the ones that cop-out on this issue.  Or, I might have meant it as "every man
here", since we are mostly men here.  But I didn't, I meant "every man", as "every
person", but the words "every man" are not usually misinterpreted to indicate sex.

Are you ready to defend your position now, or are you content to snipe at me from the
bushes?

-- David
abolish abortion