[clue-talk] Wow, Card's a little political...

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Sat Nov 1 15:29:04 MDT 2008

Sean LeBlanc wrote:
> Do you see people yelling incendiary things at Obama rallies? Things like
> "off with his head" or "bomb him"?
>
> Do you see his campaign calling people un-American, or referring to mythical
> "real Americans" and mythical places like the "real America"?
>
> These are very chilling things. At least to me. And the fact that many in
> the Republican party still think Palin was a good choice (based on anything
> other than a position on abortion and metaphysics? ) - especially after
> she's been saying so many inflammatory things, well, it speaks a lot.

Yes, the Republicans have started to scare me more than the Democrats.
And I feel similarly:  just today on CSPAN I heard a caller say that
Obama was a terrorist (and without artistic flexibility).  People who
haven't noticed really aren't paying attention.  Even McCain has had to
stop people from this insanity,  telling people at his own rallies
things like "no ma'am, he's not a terrorist."  (I haven't seen Palin
correcting any of the crazies though.)  It's like the Republican party
has alienated its base and now all it's got left are the extremists.

Angelo