[clue-talk] Wow, Card's a little political...

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Sat Nov 1 15:34:52 MDT 2008

On Oct 31, 2008, at 9:49 PM, Angelo Bertolli wrote:

> Sean LeBlanc wrote:
>> I hope Hopey wins. Not that I think he'll be all that much different
>> than Bush in actual practice, but to keep that insane witch from
>> Alaska as
>> far away from the levers of power as possible. If McCrackers had
>> picked
>> someone sane and competent as his partner, I wouldn't give a darn
>> either way,
>> really. They are two wings of the same party. But he didn't.
>>
> Palin was the tipping point for me too.  I liked McCain vs Bush in
> 2000, but ever since he started his campaign he seems to have thrown
> away his "mavrick" style and towed the party line.

How else does one become President?  I'd like to think that the PERSON
behind that hasn't changed and that he's just playing the game so he
can make a difference.  It's kinda been what he's done for decades, so
I don't think that idea is too far-fetched.

What Obama's been doing for decades is promising that he'll help poor
people out of their predicament, and delivering things like bad loans
to them, prolonging the problem.  That's not a very good track
record.   He put the nails in the coffin by spending $4 million on his
"I love me, don't you?" informercial the other night.  With his poll
numbers, he's likely to win... why do a 1/2 hour TV show?  Send that
$4 million back to his "neighborhood", perhaps?  Not a chance.  He's
just as much of a party shill as McCain is right now... he has to be.
They both do.

> At least it seemed that way, with that fake smile and "my friends"
> every other second.  But I still wasn't sure he wasn't just doing
> this to get elected by a party that now needs the crazy vote.  (I
> really hope the Republicans can split or reform themselves.)  Then
> when he made an important decision like choosing a VP, I knew he had
> joined the dark side.  I just plain don't trust him to make his own
> decisions like he used to.

And the fake smile on the Obama infomercial while he "makes love to
the camera" to garner your vote isn't just as sickening?  Standing on
a stage in front of a TV camera, everyone has a fake smile.  The ones
who can make it LOOK like it's not fake, usually win nowadays.

Let's face it, to be running for the office they're running for in the
modern world, they're both enormous sell-outs in so many ways, it's
amazing.  I'll vote for the guy who when faced with a decision of
principle, chose to let someone torture him so his country wouldn't be
smeared in the press.  Not the guy who truly believes his messiah
image.  That screams "bat-shit crazy" to me.

--
Nate Duehr
nate at natetech.com