[clue-talk] Wow, Card's a little political...

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Sat Nov 1 17:08:19 MDT 2008

On 11-01 12:45, Collins Richey wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 10:30 AM, Sean LeBlanc <seanleblanc at comcast.net> wrote:
>

> > Do you see people yelling incendiary things at Obama rallies? Things like
> > "off with his head" or "bomb him"?
>
> This is a red herring. Numerous people at these rallies heard no such
> thing, and it seems that only one journalist (with the appropriate
> party affiliations) heard these remarks. Is this any different than
> shouting down conservatives who dare to speak at universities or
> damaging the cars of those who dare to display Republican signs or
> painting over Republican yard signs?

So, death threats are the same as shouting someone down? And I think the
faffing about with others' signs is hardly confined to any one party.

> Have you ever bothered to research the party affiliation of most KKK
> members or George Wallace or Bull Connor?

Again, talking about the here and the now.

Sure, I know about the Dixiecrats. And a lot of them moved into the
Republican Party, and tell me, which party it was that adopted the Southern
Strategy, and uses it until this very day?

Willie Horton. Southern Strategy.

Did you see the Republicans artificially darkened an Indian Democrat for one
of their ads in this campaign? Southern Strategy.

> Have you ever listened to
> the hyperbole coming out of the mouths of Al Franken, Randi Rhodes,
> the reverend Wright, the reverend Jackson, etc. If you don't agree
> with someone, it's always hyperbole.

What? They are calling for violence?

> And, of course, the all-time guilt by association trip is: anyone who
> associates with and benefits from a superbly skilled campaign manager
> like Carl Rowe must be a fascist. After all he helped to elect GWB,
> and GWB is a known fascist. QED.

What? Karl Rove said HIMSELF he wished McSame had started some of these
shiny object attacks earlier. Do you deny that?

It's not guilt by association, it's the truth.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com