[clue-talk] Wow, Card's a little political...

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Sun Nov 2 12:43:57 MST 2008

Jed S. Baer wrote:
> On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 13:33:40 -0500
> Angelo Bertolli wrote:
>

>> Spend less must come
>> first, just like it does in our individual lives if we ever want to pay
>> off that credit card.
>>

> Yep. So why is it that people seem to want to elect a president who wants
> more spending?
Because they're better at paying off the "credit card."  The increase in
spending (if true) will not be significant compared to the "deficits
don't matter" attitude on the other side.  People seem to think that the
Republicans spend less, but there's no denying they have the biggest
deficits.  I say give the Democrats a chance to either balance the
budget, or prove their just as bad.  It's going to really suck for the
Republicans if the Democrats actually don't spend much more, and balance
the budget... but tough times ahead.  I think the Democrats have just as
much to prove, but another election for the Republicans will just make
them more arrogant that they can do whatever they want.

Angelo