[clue-talk] Obama, McCain, and the American flag

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Sun Nov 2 16:23:43 MST 2008

On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 15:05:01 -0800 (PST)
Brian Gibson wrote:

> Killing another is wrong period.  Whether you do it in self-defense

I guess it's time to roll out one of my favorite Jeff Cooper quotes.

  ============
One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree
that 'violence begets violence.' I told him that it is my earnest
endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure -- and in
some cases I have -- that any man who offers violence to his fellow
citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.
 -- Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC (Ret)
  ============

Would you kill someone, if necessary, to save the life of your child?

Hell, I might was well roll out another one, that's related.

  ============
War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and
degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing
is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing
to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety,
is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and
kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
 -- John Stuart Mill

So, just let me ask you, what you have had this woman do?

http://www.allamericanblogger.com/4439/rape-victim-shoots-rapist-in-her-home/

jed
p.s. Please pay careful attention to the difference between initiating
violence, and defending yourself. Pax vobiscum.