[clue-talk] Wow, Card's a little political...

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Sun Nov 2 21:12:49 MST 2008

On Nov 2, 2008, at 6:04 PM, Angelo Bertolli wrote:

> Brian Gibson wrote:
>> Obama:  ~$200 billion
>> McCain: ~$350 billion
>>
>> Tell me again how Obama plans to spend more?  Regardless, of who
>> makes it to office, they're both going to be hampered by the
>> economy.  During the debates, neither candidate went into detail as
>> to where they were going to adjust their budget proposals to
>> account for it.  Both Obama and McCain budget proposals will lead
>> to deficits.
>
> By the looks of campaign contributions, I would say that more people
> with money are betting on Obama creating more wealth.  But I'm sure
> there are a lot of conspiracy theories about where his money came
> from since he's a terrorist.

Can I fix your statement?

First, you can't tell anything about number of people by number of
dollars.  That's not accurate statistics.

Next, the sentence should read the same, just add the following...

"I would say that [more] people with money are betting on Obama
creating more wealth... for them."

Do you believe Obama will make money for you?  Please feel free to
describe how you read that from his plan.

> Which brings us to an important point:  do we all really get just
> one vote?  Or can we buy votes through campaign contributions.  Let
> whoever has the biggest check win!

How do you think votes are being purchased?  Just curious.

> Actually I think the people with the most money don't care as much
> about who gets elected as we do.

They just adjust appropriately, just as we should do.  If Obama's
voted in, businesses that are somewhere around $250,000 in size
annually will either die, be split into five little individual $50,000
businesses... whatever.  Anyone with money will do whatever they have
to to retain it, they didn't get it by being stupid with it.

--
Nate Duehr
nate at natetech.com