[clue-talk] Wow, Card's a little political...

Jeremy Slade jeremy at jkslade.net
Sun Nov 2 21:30:20 MST 2008

Nate Duehr wrote:
>> Actually I think the people with the most money don't care as much
>> about who gets elected as we do.
>
> They just adjust appropriately, just as we should do.  If Obama's voted
> in, businesses that are somewhere around $250,000 in size annually will
> either die, be split into five little individual $50,000 businesses...
> whatever.  Anyone with money will do whatever they have to to retain it,
> they didn't get it by being stupid with it.

$250,000 was something more like $300,000 initially, now it's $150,000:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122523819032678157.html

"Remember when the AMT was only supposed to hit 21 millionaires? Next
year, without relief, it could hit 26 million taxpayers. Tax increases
always hit the middle class because that's where the money is."

Jeremy