[clue-talk] it's over!

David Rudder david.rudder at reliableresponse.net
Wed Nov 5 09:34:26 MST 2008

On Nov 5th, 2004, GWBush said:
"Let me put it to you this way: I earned capital in the campaign,
political capital, and now I intend to spend it"
He didn't use the word "mandate", but a lot of Republicans were.

A funny quote: James Carville, a Democrat, was quoted as saying "The
only person with a mandate is Jim Greevey".  HA!!!!  Mandate?!?!
Man-date!!!

One big difference is that GWBush won 2004 on "character issues".  Obama
won on "policy issues".  The voters clearly voted for Obama because of
his economic plan, and to a lesser extent his plan for Iraq.  He has a
clear mandate on those issues.  GWBush had a clear mandate on abortion,
gay marriage, etc., which he failed to address.