[clue-talk] RC Helicopters

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Mon Nov 10 18:17:46 MST 2008

Anyone into those?

Just curious. I'm thinking of buying a cheap one, for fun. It's been
interesting doing some web searching, getting a feel for prices, and
realizing just how littered the RC landscape is with cheap knock-offs of
successful designs.

But, I ain't gonna drop a couple hundred bucks just for fun. So I'm
curious whether anyone has tried out any of the under $50 models, and if
so, how well they work. Judging by YouTube results, the Picco X-rotor
micro is pretty popular. The Havoc micros look pretty neat too. And I
think it's pretty cool that you can get an RC 'copter that small.

Anyone have any thoughs on infrared vs. radio control? I assume radio is
more reliable.

jed